Saturday, August 13, 2011

YouTube vs Flickr

Personally, I think YouTube is much better.  I use it a lot more (consider the audience) than Flickr.  On paper they seem to be the same only one does pictures and the other does video.  When taking a closer look they are very different.  Just searching through pictures on Flickr and videos on YouTube, theres a clear difference.  People seem to go on YouTube for entertainment due to the extremely high amount of hits for the videos for entertainment like music videos or funny videos.  People that use Flickr tend to use it not to share pictures with the world but with people they know to create albums and other stuff.  I feel like there is much more to offer with YouTube because so much more content can be shared.  I would only imagine using Flickr when I am older to organize my pictures I have had for a long time.  Overall I use YouTube more because there is not as much content for entertainment on Flickr and I think that is why more people (especially my age) use YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. I like YouTube so much better. It is more user friendly, more popular, and a lot more clear than flickr was. on flickr there were no word descriptions, you just had to go through tons of pictures to find the ones that you likes or were looking for. It got old fast..

    ReplyDelete