I hope this course can give me a little insight to the blogging world. It started out great I created my own blog, I customized it to the way I wanted, and I explored the site. I added a few gadgets to add to my blog to make things more appealing and easier. The problem with my blogging experience is following people. I still have no clue how to follow a classmates blog because I don't have the url and I can't find it anywhere. It's a little frustrating but all part of the blogging experience I guess.
It does seem like blogging could be a very useful in professional fields. As for me, I plan on becoming a pharmacist. In the drug world there are always new medications coming out and different treatment opinions so I believe that pharmacists could work together with blogs to teach and learn about new treatments and medications to offer patients.
For my privacy settings, I decided to not show my email address because everything that should be said will be on my blog I don't need emails about my blog. I show the state I live in because I feel like that is enough information for people to know where I'm from.
I wanted to layout of my blog to be appealing and simple. I added a few gadgets (Fish being one of them) to be able to look at my blog and figure everything out. I even put a poll on my blog for other people to make it more user friendly.
Hey Corey! I had the same idea's when setting up my privacy settings. I am very interested in how you found all these extra's (your poll and your fish)! The way I have been following classmates is by going to Bistra's blog clicking on the classmate then the URL is in the search bar... I hope that helps! Talk to you later.
ReplyDeleteI read both of yours and your brothers blogs before I realized you two were twins. I thought it was funny how you two seem a lot a like and interested in the same careers, and yet your page set ups couldn't be more different. Also, I love the fish!
ReplyDeleteAs for the pharmacy aspect of blogging, I agree, it may be useful. For research pharmacists that may be unsure and are looking for insight on new drugs they're testing, it could help be helpful. But as for retail and healthcare pharmacists, all the new drugs that come out come with a specialized guide for all pharmacists. What could be more beneficial would be a wiki page on recently manufactured drugs for pharmacists to look at. But who knows, maybe when we become pharmacists this will be a reality.
ReplyDelete