Fox news has a facebook page, twitter page, and website. All share one thing in common...the news. The only thing different is the format of which it is presented. The Fox news website is very large, with a wide range of news with many tabs to navigate the site. On the facebook page, there are news headlines with a description, picture, and link for further information on the story. Each story has hundreds or thousands of comments with opinions about it. The twitter page shows even shorter posts with an embedded link that goes directly to the entire story. These are similar to the "Up Next" parts of the news where the anchors say what stories are up after the commercials.
These media are ambient journalism because they are so easy to obtain and even participate in with commenting on facebook and tweeting. It is a newer form of media with the technology of smartphones where people can update anything anywhere. I do not have a smartphone so I guess I am out of the loop and disconnected to society.
No comments:
Post a Comment